27 December 2011

Abissinia

First things first.

There are a few things I miss living in Belgrade, and one of them is Ethiopian food. So, because I'm an Ethiopian food junkie, we went to Barcelona's only Ethiopian restaurant, Abissinia, in the lovely Gracia neighborhood.

The place was nice, and they made an effort to put up some traditional decor, but the food kinda sucked. The injera (you can always tell a good ethiopian place by the quality of it's bread) was white and bland, and though a couple of the veggie wots were ok, they really didn't give us enough for 2 people. And I'm being nice when I say the service was so-so. Man, I miss Ghenet and Awash in NYC, and Warsa in Milan, where they don't cut corners on teff and you can have a glass of tej...

So, though this place lacks some friendly competition in BCN, I did get to scratch that itch, and I was glad for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment