15 July 2010

dream life

Maya has bilingual dreams.

She has been sleeping badly lately, so when she comes to our room in the early morning, I just let her sleep with Aca and me in the bed. Boogie is still in NYC, so there's room.

This morning, after coming in at 06:00, she started talking in her sleep, first saying in Serbian, "ne ce da ....*something*" which means "she doesn't want to *something*", I couldn't hear whatever that something was. But then she said in English, "Maya doesn't want to lay down." (I'm trying to get her to snap out of talking in the third person...) I suppose it was some residual protest from last night when I made her finally go to bed at 23:00.

Then she fell back asleep. Half an hour later, eyes closed, she says "Maya hoce soc" and then immediately, "Maya wants juice." Then she wakes up, sees me awake, and still half asleep starts pointing at the telephone telling me "Maya wants juice. Here's juice."

Uuuh, ok Chubby. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment